I began to do monthly reflections this year to....well reflect.
I like to reflect on each month because I always learn something different about myself and my current season. I write this blog as a reflection that relates to Soul Health Chronicles and how it came to fruition. I encourage you to make time to reflect on and in your current state. What are you proud of that occurred this month? What are you looking forward to next? What lessons have you learned? Whether its by writing, talking out loud to yourself, sitting in silence, or listening to music and thinking, reflect on your progress and lessons.
Below are my six reflections from this past month:
1. I set a goal to be more intentional with my time and actually achieved this to my surprise!
I devoted specific time to writing, planning and executing ideas and goals for SHC, and completed the second interview for Season One of the Soul Health Chronicles Interviews, available here:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrExj5hs9RszJcv-cWcqkyg
Also additional interviews were booked for Soul Health Chronicles, which is amazing!
With other roles and duties outside of Soul Health Chronicles it's important to me to give it 100%, half ass-ness work is pointless.
2. I reflected on the importance of not being prideful when it comes to asking for assistance. Entrepreneurial requires support and a team behind you.The ego is very real, it can stall or stop your dreams altogether if you allow it to. You cannot do everything all by yourself! If you do you have nobody to share accomplishments, milestones, ideas, and victories with and that's just no way to live honey. I have a strong team with me and I learned that it is okay to ask for help! The worst thing someone can tell me is no, and I will be okay, my world will not end.You will be surprised at who's willing to help build your dream, so don't keep all your thoughts, goals, and visions to yourself, get help to build them and make them a reality.
Rayna, a friend of mine, is one of my biggest supporters, she helps me in anyway she can. I know that all I have to do is ask for what I need assistance with and she's there. Did you know she always was a guest writer for SHC? Read her post here: https://www.soulhealthchronicles.com/single-post/2017/11/15/Fake-Smiles
3. I got a chance to spend time with my loved ones who no longer live in the same city as me, but they are my best friends so distance is not a big deal. Nothing beats face to face interactions, texting and phone calls are just not enough sometimes however. Spending quality time with the people I love is a form of self care for me. It exposes the opportunity to unplug and recharge myself, so I can continue to work on becoming the best version of me.
A word of advice: Don't ever become to busy that you don't make time for the people and things that bring you true joy.
4. This month I didn't workout as much as I usually do due to a foot injury, read more here:https://www.soulhealthchronicles.com/single-post/2018/04/25/How-to-fight-the-blues-when-you-only-have-one-shoe
but that didn't stop me from remaining active overall and still living this lifestyle of mine; after all its not a diet or a competition with anyone but myself.
Now, you might be thinking, "Shawnte, what does this blog have to do with working out?"
Well, beautiful reader, if you know anything about Soul Health Chronicles, you know that its not merely about workout out. It is the movement centered on empowerment, motivation, and inspiration on your health and wellness journey! A reminder to work on becoming the best version of yourself because you are your only competition! I created this movement because seeing and hearing about health and wellness journeys inspires empowers, and motivates me. How so? Because wellness is literally about choosing to live well. It is a choice to make a change and stay consistent, its a choice to replace old habits, routines, and environments and implement new ones. Its a choice to put yourself first and say yes to your dreams goals and ambitions. It's a choice to become disciplined even when you aren't motivated to do so on some days.
Its not an easy choice but its a choice that you surely won't regret! All these choices that people make on their own journey have truly inspired me on my own; inspire me to keep pushing and making the choice to continue to grow, step out my comfort zone, walk in my purpose, and work on becoming the best version of myself. Soul Health Chronicles is here to encourage you to do that same.
5. This month I also reflected on the importance of not taking everything to heart. Because, girl!
People that know you may not support you, people that you reach out to may never respond, you may get rejected or not land the deal you wanted, you may not reach the goal you set for yourself or your business. But you know what? That is okay.
Because you will have people that support you, you will receive a response when you reach out to someone, and you will reach the goals you set! You will, so keep working! It will not always be a smooth and easy journey; it is a process, that you have to go through in order to grow from. Don't spend more time on the negative aspects because the positives will out weigh them every time.
6. I reflected on the importance of being creative and continuing to think outside the box of what is already being done.
"If you want to do something you never had. You must be willing to do something you have never done."-Thomas Jefferson.
To be where I want to be, I've learned that I cannot do what I have always done. In this season I have become so comfortable with being uncomfortable; because that means I am growing, getting molded for the next chapter, experience, and journey in my life and it's exciting although unknown to me of what's to come next!
When I come across an opportunity, I go for it. I've had it with wondering "what if" 'how much does it cost" 'how will I fit this in my schedule". Yes these are all normal thoughts to have I know. However, my faith is so strong that I know it will all come together as long as I continue to be authentic, work, grind, and walk in my purpose.
As always, work on becoming the best version of yourself, you are your only competition.
Shawnte’, the creator of Soul Health Chronicles is a Social Worker, workout lover and blogger. She is inspired by health and wellness journeys and wanted to create a platform for them to be highlighted and celebrated. She encourages people to work on becoming the best version of yourself and serves as a reminder that you are your only competition!
Learn more and connect with Shawnte’ at www.soulhealthchronicles.com